[Download PDF] I pay tribute to the good work of Rotary clubs throughout the Blue Mountains.
Rotarians are committed to service and community, with ongoing charitable projects throughout the region.
I acknowledge the presidents of
- the Upper Mountains "Sunrise" Rotary Club, Michael Small;
- the Katoomba Rotary Club, David Arnott;
- the Blackheath Rotary Club, Eddie McCoy;
- the Central Mountains Rotary Club, Noel Hiffernan;
- the Springwood Rotary Club, Pat Ainslie; and
- the Lower Mountains Rotary Club, Pamela Noal
I acknowledge also all their members, many of whom I have met at recent "Turning of the Wheel" changeover functions.
In particular I commend the combined effort of Rotary clubs across the Mountains in bringing together the Police Officer of the Year Award, which this year was given to leading Senior Constable Steven Day and to Senior Constable Mary-Lou Keating.
They are both officers of integrity and high standing within our community.
Rotary is a force for good at an international, national and local level.
For the work of local Rotarians in the Blue Mountains, I say thank you.